European Youth Event (EYE) takes place in Strasbourg, France in front of the European Parliament every 2 years. During this event, various partners come to collaborate under the coordination of the EP and the European Youth Forum and plan the Program of the Event which brings together more than 7000 young people. YEU took the chance to talk about recognition during an event held during EYE. More specifically, on the 21st of May, a variety of organizations with a member of EP gathered to talk with EYE’s participants about recognition of different forms of education outside the “formal sphere”. Based on the topic, Tamara Gojkovic got to present and talk about the GREAT project and present the work done by the consortium as a contribution to the general campaign for official recognition. Through the discussions, participants got to comment and share their ideas upon the project and get to understand the purpose of it.
Concerning the event, within the YO!Village, a number of approximately 80 people took part in the discussion with EEE-YFU, EFIL, YEU, ESN and a MEP on the related topic for the recognition of learning. The general form of the event was based on the method of Round Table, moderated by Elisa Briga (Projects and Advocacy Coordinator, EFIL) with the following speakers:
– Julie Ward, Member of the European Parliament
– Tamara Gojkovic, Secretary General, Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU)
– Valentina Pomatto, Advocacy and Projects Coordinator, EEE-YFU
– Max de Boer, Liaison Officer, Erasmus Students Network (ESN)
– Marta Medlinska, Co-ordinator, EU-CoE youth partnership
– Ulrike Lunacek, Member of the European Parliament (Video message)